Inter-university intensive and specialized course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering
2017 Short Course participants
Organized by EPFL-STI/LMH (Lausanne)
Offer a high standard and intensive courses presented by turbo-machinery industrial engineers and researchers through comprehensive seminars and technical visits to selected plants.
- Useful general concepts on turbo-machinery
Fundamentals on hydraulic turbo-machinery – Hydrodynamics – Similarity – Cavitation
- Basic turbo-machinery conception
Francis turbine geometry
- Turbo-machinery calculation
Current and future tools
- Model- and plant-testing
Acceptance tests and specific tests
Model and prototype instrumentation
- Specific applications
Fluid pumping other than water (oil, hydrogen)
Should attend this program :
- industrial engineers and researchers interested in specializing or improving turbo-machinery
- technical universities academic staff
- graduate students in engineering
- This intensive course is led by the following academic representatives :
Professor F. AVELLAN, Ph. D. in Engineering
Chair of Hydraulic Machines
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Associated engineers and/or researchers from :
GE HYDRO, EDF, SULZER PUMPS, EPFL-STI/LMH, ANDRITZ HYDRO CANADA, INESTEC PORTO, ANDRITZ HYDRO-VEVEY, INPG, POWER VISION, …
University Degree (or Diploma) in Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant education and professional engineering experience in industry.
Price of the Course
CHF 3’500.00 (per person, including technical documentation, technical visit of a Hydropower Plant).
CHF 3’000.00 for the second attendee of the same company or institute.
For more information, contact Mrs Stoudmann Schmutz.